If you are searching for a tile floor that is perfect in bathrooms, kitchens, living areas and other heavy traffic spaces, put ceramic and porcelain tiles at the top of your list. Discover why:
Gorgeous Porcelain and Ceramic Tile Flooring
Our Las Vegas flooring showroom features popular tile options like ceramic wood look tile and porcelain tile. Express your style and enhance the decor in any room with the lively colors, distinct patterns and unique textures of porcelain and ceramic tile flooring.
Porcelain and Ceramic Tile Flooring Pros and Cons
What Kinds of Ceramic Tiles are Available?
- Glazed and unglazed ceramic tile – When ceramic tile is glazed, an extra layer of enamel or liquid is added on top to produce its finish.
- Ceramic tile flooring that looks like wood – If you want an alternative to engineered hardwood flooring, you can get the look and feel of real wood floors from ceramic tile.
What Kinds of Porcelain Tiles are Available?
- Glazed porcelain tiles – Like glazed ceramic tile, glazed porcelain tile features an extra layer on top. It allows for a wide range of styles and colors to help you get the exact appearance you want.
- Polished porcelain tiles – This is an alternative to a glazed surface. The tile can be fired, then polished to create a shine without a glaze.
- Rectified porcelain tiles – The tile edges have been ground or sawed after firing so that the overall size of the tile is more precise. This process means that you can place the tile much closer together and have thinner grout lines.
Porcelain Tile vs. Ceramic Tile - Which is the best choice?
Ceramic tiles and porcelain tiles are similar, offer many benefits, and at first glance, you can’t always tell them apart. However, the methods used to produce each gives them distinct characteristics that differentiate them from one another. Porcelain is technically a specialized type of ceramic. The clays used to make porcelain have a higher density and are fired longer at a higher temperature than ceramic.
Flooring Maintenance Tips
Tile Care and Maintenance Tips
Here are some important tile maintenance tips to keep your ceramic and porcelain tile flooring looking brand new:
- Use floor mats in areas with high foot traffic, such as entrances, as well as areas where people often stand, such as the kitchen sink.
- Sweep and mop your tile on a regular basis with a damp mop. Water only! (Different finishes will require different cleaning agents, so be sure to ask us before using one.)
- You can maintain the luster of glazed tile with the simple wipe of a damp cloth. No need to polish, buff or wax.
- Save the tiles from the original installation in case you need to make repairs in the future.
Interested in having ceramic or porcelain tile floors installed?
We go over everything with you so there are no unexpected surprises or hidden costs.
It’s our job to make sure everything goes smoothly throughout the purchasing process so that you’ll feel completely satisfied with your flooring purchase. When we come to measure your space, we’ll give you a free estimate before we leave.Call Us at (702) 524-4940